Looking to get away on a brisk day in the NEK? Sure, a trip to the Caribbean would be nice, but for fun closer to home without breaking the bank, check out these five indoor winter fun day trip ideas (sorry, the fun does require someone to venture out into the cold to start and warm up the car!):
Cold Weather Day Trips For Inside Fun
1. Upper Valley Aquatic Center. For summer-like fun, head south on I-91 to White River Junction. Once there, tykes and teens alike will have a blast in the Upper Valley Aquatic Center’s Splash Park. The center is open 364 days a week, so no excuses on fitting a trip into your schedule! White River Junction.
2. Montshire Museum. Another easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy road trip from the NEK. In about an hour from St. Johnsbury, kids will delight in the magic and mystery of science. Preschoolers will love the play area designed just for them, plus the hands on exhibits–like the bubbles and penny gravity well. Norwich.
3. Regal Gymnastics Academy. Whether you’re looking for a day or evening trip, kids will love open gym or Kids’ Night Out at Vermont’s premier gymnastics academy–think foam pit play, zip line, games, tumbling and more–located a stone’s throw from major shopping and eateries near the heart of Burlington. Winooski.
4. Smugglers’ Notch FunZone. For insider winter fun, kids and parents will love the Indoor Recreation Center featuring giant inflatables and indoor obstacle course at Smugglers’ Notch Resort. Purchase a day pass, $40 for the family. Smuggler’s Notch.
5. Pizza Putt. A family fun tradition in Vermont’s Chittenden County, featuring inside mini-golf, arcades, lazer tag and pizza. Grab coupons before you go from Pizza Putt’s website. South Burlington.
* * * * * * *