Here’s a quick peek-a-boo at a sampling of mom & kid-friendly events in and around Vermont’s NEK this weekend. Yep, proof once again that there’s a ton of fun to be had in Vermont’s NEK.
Friday, August 12th:
- Family Movie & Popcorn. Barton Library. 1:30pm.
- Lyndon Farmer’s Market. Afternoon, Bandstand park.
- Island Pond Friday Night Live music & entertainment.
- Newport. Gardner Park. Music & Entertainment.
Saturday, August 13th:
- Derby Line Community Day & Village Wide Yard Sale. 9:30 to 5pm catch entertainment and fun at Baxter Park and in and around the village, followed by evening fireworks.
- Kingdom Run. Irasburg. Various race distances. Info at www.kingdomrun.org.
- Craftsbury Old Home Day, Craftsbury Common – fun starts at 9:30. Kiddie games, pet show, food, yard sale, Shakespeare, and more! Info call 586-9632.
Sunday, August 14thth:
- Old Stone House Museum Day. Brownington. 10am-4pm. A family-fun day packed with demonstrations, wagon rides, food and fun. $3 car parking charge. Info call: 754-2022.
- Bread & Puppet Show. Glover. Fun starts at 1pm. Info at 525-3031.