How to Make Just About Anything and Save Money!
One of the things I love about the web is that it’s so easy to find directions, videos or DIY tips to make pretty much anything you can imagine. Don’t think you have a do-it-yourself bone in your body? Think again. Here are five cool things you can make on your own–in your own house and without fancy equipment or big investments. Internet connectivity rocks.
1. Soy Milk. Wow, move over Silk! Get started with these directions (thanks Andrew @ Eating Rules).
2. Goat Cheese. Why not save money and make your own with these directions.
3. Bagels. Yes, making bagels are easier than you’d think. Sure, it’s more time consuming than plopping a six-bag in your shopping cart, but if you can make your own, you’ll never have to run out for bagels! There are lots of instructions online, but here are some to get you started.
4. Playdough. This playdough is easy to make, stores well, and it doesn’t get stuck to everything like that kind in the little yellow containers do.
5. Crayons. Want to make your own crayons or use up all of those broken ones that you’re constantly cleaning up? Here’s a video that shows you how to do it. And this one shows you how to make Glitter Crayons!