The weekend is looking pretty awesome with the continued warm temperatures! If you’re looking for family-friendly fun in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom this weekend, here’s a look at some of what’s happening.
As always, if you know of other events you’d like to pass along, please email nekmoms [*at*] gmail [*dot*] com or post directly on the NEKMoms.com event calendar or on the NEK Moms Facebook or Google+ pages.
Friday, March 16, 2012:
- Parents Night Off – a free babysitting opportunity by A.S.S.I.S.T (Lyndon), 5-8pm at Lyndon State College. Arts & Crafts, Games, Movies, Gym Activities. Info & registration call 626-6330.
- St. Patrick’s Day Dance (Newport), Gateway Center, 8-11pm. Open to all. Tickets available at the Newport Municipal Building. Info call: 334-6345.
- Dinner Theatre 2012 (Orleans), Lake Region Union H.S. cafeteria, 6pm. Benefits Orleans Food Shelf. $10/ticket. For tickets, call 754-2500.
- Ice Skating Lessons (Lyndon), Fenton Chester Arena, 5:45pm
Saturday, March 17, 2012:
- Bookmaking Workshop (Lyndonville), Cobleigh Library, 10:30am-12:30pm. To register call: 626-5475
- Craftsbury Winter Market (Craftsbury), Sterling College’s Simpson Hall, 1oam-1pm.
- Board Games, Derby Line Village Hall, 6pm. All ages welcome.
- Cabot Maple Festival (Cabot), Cabot K-12 School, 9am-3pm
- Games Day, St. Johnsbury Athenaeum, 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, lunch provided.
- 5th Annual Multi-Cultural Festival for Kidz (ages 5-10), 10:30-12:30pm at Lyndon State College. Snacks, Games, Crafts & More.
Sunday, March 18, 2012:
- Harp Performance with Linda Schnek (Lyndonville), Cobleigh Public Library, 2pm
- Dodgeball Tournament (Glover), Glover Community School Gym, Ages 10+. Info call: 673-5300
- Sugar on Snow (Lyndon), Enterprise Grange, York Street. 1pm, $4/person. Info call 626-5586.
- Public Ice Skating (Lyndon), Fenton Chester Arena, 12:30-2:30pm