Memorial Day weekend is here! Welcome (unofficially, right?) Summer 2012–BBQs,
frost snow-free weather, mosquitoes, flip flops & beach time! If you’re looking for family fun in and around Vermont’s beautiful Northeast Kingdom this weekend, you’re in luck! There is lots of fun planned! Here’s a quick look at some of the family-friendly events and activities!
Thanks for visiting NEKMoms.com!
Friday, May 25th:
- Natural Parenting Meetup (St. Johnsbury), NEKCA, 115 Lincoln Street, 1:30pm
- Lyndon Farmer’s Market, Bandstand Park (Lyndonville) (across from the “little” White’s Market, not the Plaza location), 3-7pm.
- Hardwick Farm Market (Hardwick), Granite St. 3-6pm.
- Music Jam (Derby), Derby Line Village Hall, 6pm-1opm. Benefits local high school scholarships. Admission by donation. Info call: 766-2730.
Saturday, May 26th:
- Newport Farmers’ Market (Newport), 246 Causeway across from Waterfront Plaza & 1-91 access road, 9a.m.-2p.m.
- Blacksmith Day Hammer (Brownington), Old Stone House Museum, 10a.m.-3p.m. Check out blacksmithing! For info call: 754-2022.
- Benefit Plant Sale (St. Johnsbury Center), Kingdom Animal Shelter, 1664 Memorial Drive in St Johnsbury Center, 9am – 4pm.
- VT Open Studio Weekend (Newport), MAC Center for the Arts. Info call 334-1966.
- Benefit Yard Sale (Derby). 9a.m.-4p.m., 111 Roy Street. Community yard sale fundraiser to benefit injured community member.
- St. Johnsbury Farmers’ Market (St. Johnsbury), Railroad Street. 9am-1pm.
- Tag, Bake & Plant Sale (East Burke), Club House Lawn, 9am.
Sunday, May 27th:
- VT Open Studio Weekend (Newport), MAC Center for the Arts. Info call 334-1966
- Stephen Huneck Remembrance Celebration (St. Johnsbury), Dog Mt., 12-4pm.
- Barton Memorial Day Celebration (Barton), Orleans County Fairgrounds, 8a.m. gates open. Tractor pulls, horse pulls, games, food and more. Info go here.
- Keybank Vermont City Marathon & Relay! Good luck Runners!
Monday, May 28th:
- Memorial Day Parade (Albany), 11 a.m.
- Memorial Day Parade (St. Johnsbury), 10 a.m.
- Memorial Day Parade (Hardwick), 11 a.m.
- Memorial Day Parade (Littleton, NH), procession begins at 11am at Fire Station. – 10:45a.m. tolling of Town’s church bells.
- Memorial Day Parade (Barton), 11 a.m. Start Barton Memorial Building. Ends at Crystal Lake State Park.
- Memorial Day (St. Johnsbury), Wreath Service, Portland Street Bridge, 9 a.m.
- Spring Festival Run (Hardwick), Fun Run, 8:30 a.m. start at Hardwick Inn.
- Bake, Plant & Tag Sale (Orleans), Jones Memorial Library, 8:3o-11am. Info call: 754-6660.
* * * * *
* * * * *
NEK Moms is the hyperlocal, reader-generated online destination for Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom Moms and Dads. NEK Moms is a Northeast Kingdom home grown and locally-based resource for Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom.