When it comes to birthday party planning, let’s admit it. Birthday parties are usually a lot of work. From brainstorming cool ideas (whether for a first birthday or a tween or sweet 16th) to sending invitations to planning the food menu and goodie bags, there’s plenty for parents to think about! If you’re short on time, looking to keep things simple, or hoping to blow the socks off your child at his or her next birthday party, there are plenty of places in and around Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom (NEK) that are perfect birthday destinations and offer special birthday party packages.
Though it may seem pricey to spend $100+ on a booked birthday party, but if really add up everything you’d normally spend–like invitations, balloons, napkins, cake, party favors, food, entertainment–party locations often are a steal for the price!
1. Santa’s Village. Jeffersonville, NH. A great pick for young children. Santa’s Village hosts the party in a special building, complete with activities and surprises that will make your child and guests feel really special. No need to worry about fun, food or the cake. Santa’s Village does it for you! Kid favorite activities include decorate your own cupcake and pizza party!
2. Comfort Inn Pool Party. St. Johnsbury. Offers breakfast room rental for use as a party room, which includes 4 Rumontos pizzas and soda and covers 2 adults + 10 children swimming, all for $149.
3. Regal Gymnastics. Winooski, VT. For young and older children, your child and guests will feel like royalty at Regal Gymnastics Academy! Definitely worth the trip to the Burlington area, for fun, fun, fun memories! Your kids will beg to stay when it’s time to leave. Everything is done for you in this terrific facility!
4. IROC. (Indoor Recreation Orleans County). Derby, VT. Offers two birthday party options: (1) for $10, you can rent a table on the walking track, or (2) for $125 and up to 15 people, IROC members can rent the community room and use the facility (additional fee for non-members). Offers a splash party or roller skating party theme.
5. Kahuna Laguna. North Conway, NH. Did someone say indoor water fun? This indoor waterpark resort might just be a dream pick for children, tweens, teens and adults alike! Offers Splash & Stay packages as well as Birthday parties. Birthday parties cost $35 per person, but include 2 hours of water park time, an hour in a private event room, pizza, and arcade tokens.
6. Kingdom Gymnastics. St. Johnsbury. Offers birthday parties. They supply the fun, you supply the cake. Cost $125, up to 10 children.
Other In and Around the NEK birthday party ideas and venues:
- Sleigh Ride & Bonfire
- Ski fun – XC on Kingdom Trails or Ski at Burke, Lyndon Outing Club or Jay Peak
- Group horse riding lesson and/or trail ride
- Group movie party – St. Johnsbury’s Star Theatre offers a movie ticket discount book.
- Sewing Party – Vermont Sewing School, St. Johnsbury
- Chuck E. Cheese – Manchester, NH. Can’t deny the fact that kids do go crazy at Chuck E. Cheese!