Whether you’re just looking for a last minute stocking stuffer, need to send something to a relative across the Country or think it’s time to *start* thinking about starting your holiday shopping, here are 12 (mostly local!) last minute gift ideas–with something for every budget.
12 (Mostly) Local Last Minute Gift Ideas
1. For the tired, overworked mom. A gift certificate for a yoga class(es) at a local yoga studio, like Satyaloka Massage & Yoga Studio in Lyndonville or Heart Space Yoga Studio (St. Johnsbury).
2. For the crafty child. Metal potholder loom, Alex art supplies or Melissa & Doug goods at Village Kids Boutique (Lyndonville).
3. For the Homeschooling Family. Winter Adventure Camp comes to the Fairbanks Museum the week of February 21st. A spectacular week of science and adventure for 1st-8th grades. Cost is $110. To register call: 802-748-2372.
4. For the one with a sweet tooth. Buttercrunch Toffee from local Mountaintop Bakery. Available at local Farmers’ Markets or online. $12.oo / half pound.
5. For the sporty family. A Kingdom Trails season pass or a new “Kingdom Trails” cycling jersey.
6. For the reader. A subscription to the Caledonian-Record or a book written by a local author at Boxcar & Caboose or Green Mountain Books.
7. For the overworked, underplayed “in need of family time” family. A gift certificate good for a family sleigh ride or “buttons” for 1st Night St. Johnsbury–or better yet, just surprise ’em with a day out.
8. For the musically inclined. Tickets for an upcoming show offered through Catamount Arts, Burlington’s Flynn Theater or the Lebanon Opera House. Here’s a link to upcoming local performances.
9. For the hopelessly romantic. A night at a local B&B or excursion to the Mount Washington Hotel. Sure, you’re not going far, but oh la la!
10. For the domestic diva. An old fashioned DIY coupon voucher or gift certificate for a top-to-bottom house clean.
11. For the health nut or homemade gift lover. Whip up some homemade gorp–good ‘ol fashioned raisins and peanuts, with maybe m&ms, mini chocolate kisses or craisins, throw it in a cute tin or old canning car and tie on a ribbon.
12. For the sentimental. Make a photo collage or digital photo book (Shutterfly.com) on the computer or create your own with scissors and glue. Center your masterpiece on a theme (“new baby,” “friendship,” “a day in the life of….” Frame it!