Free Nordic Ski Day – Gear, Lessons, Pass – at Select Vermont Ski Areas
Save the date! On January 9, 2011, certain participating Vermont Nordic (XC or Cross-Country) ski areas are offering free Nordic Center passes, gear rentals and lessons as part of the 16th Annual Winter Trails Day. To reserve a free lesson, you have to pre-register. You can do so over at Snowlink or contact the Nordic center directly for more information. What a great day to get introduced to a new snow sport or spend time with family or friends!
Here’s a sneak peek at participating VT Nordic Ski areas (note Craftsbury in the NEK):
- Blueberry Lake
- Blueberry Hill Ski Center
- Bolton Valley Nordic Center – Providing free tickets, complimentary group lessons and free use rentals for first time skiers/ snowshoers from 10AM-2PM. Scheduled events: 10:30-11:30 Beginner Classic Skiing Lesson for Adults 10:30-11:30 Beginner Classic Skiing Lesson for Kids 11:30-12:30 Snowshoe Tour and Winter Woods Exploration for Families. Please arrive early as programs begin promptly.
- Crafstbury Outdoor Center – Complimentary trail use and rental equipment
- Ole’s Cross Country Ski Center – Beginners who mention Winter Trails will receive a one hour Trail Pass, Ski Rental, and 1/2 hour “Try It” Lesson free (Total 1 1/2 hrs.)
- Smugglers’ Notch Nordic Ski Center
- The Mountain Top Nordic and Snowshoe Center -FREE trail pass enabling adults and children to explore winter at our resort in central Vermont, pre-set times for free group Nordic skiing lessons, and a discount on rental equipment. ***Note that the group lessons are based upon availability and MUST be booked in advance.
- Woodstock Nordic Center – First-time skiers and snowshoers receive complimentary trail passes and rental equipment.