NEK Moms Weekend Scoop: April 20-22
Moms and Dads, my family is over the moon with the news that Kingdom Trails Association opens its Darling Hill trail network tomorrow, Saturday, April 21st. Our 2012 seasons pass is in hand, the bikes are lubed and even the kids’ “matching” bike gloves have been located (gasp!). If you don’t know why the Kingdom Trails network is such a cool thing, click on over here to learn what it could mean for your family.
If you’re looking for family-fun in the NEK, you’ve come to the right place at NEKMoms.com.
Here’s a quick peek of what’s hot for families in and around Vermont’s totally amazing and beautiful and rockin’ Northeast Kingdom–psst…if you think something should be listed here and it’s not anywhere to be found, please email nekmoms [*at*] gmail [*dot*] com or post the event on the NEKMoms Facebook page.
As always, thanks so much for visiting NEKMoms.com and a big thanks to our growing following of regular readers, who keep coming back day after day. Come back soon, we’ve got a couple of cool giveaways in the queue!
Friday, April 20th:
- Preschool Open Gym (Lisbon, NH), Evergreens, 9:30-10:30. Info call: 603-838-6511
- Family Movie Night (Derby), Dailey Memorial Library, Showing the latest Muppets Movie. 7pm. Free.
- Film Festival (Montgomery), Route 118, 7-8pm, Sponsored by the Upper Missisquoi & Trout Rivers Wild & Scenic Study. Info contact: 393.0076
- Kingdom Trails (East Burke), Darling Hill Network, opens for the 2012 Summer Season. Grab your pass at the KTA main office, located next to the Northeast Kingdom Country Store.
- “Earth Day” Event for Kids, Cobleigh Library (Lyndonville), April 21st at 11:00 a.m.
- Games Day, St. Johnsbury Athenaeum, 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM, lunch provided. Bring your own games or use the library’s.
- Craft Fair (Irasburg), 2nd Annual Step Into Spring Fling Craft Fair, Isasburg Town Hall, 10am-3pm. Benefits Relay for Life.
- Swan Lake, Performed by the Moscow Festival Ballet (Lebanon, NH), Lebanon Opera House, 7:30pm.
- Pippin (Lyndon), Lyndon State College, Alexander Twilight Theater, 2pm & 7 p.m. *Some adult content. Admission is by donation.
Sunday, April 22nd:
- Earth Day!
- St. Johnsbury Striders Running Club, 2pm Group Run, Meet at St. Johnsbury Academy Field House. Open to all runners/walkers of all abilities. Kids must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pippin (Lyndon), Lyndon State College, Alexander Twilight Theater, 2pm *Some adult content. Admission is by donation.
- Northwoods Stewardship Center Earth Day Upcycling (E. Charleston), 10am. Learn how to upcycle and what you can do with upcycled goods! $5/person.
* * * * * *
Have a local event to share with moms and dads? Email nekmoms [*at*] gmail [*dot*] com.
* * * * * *
Like NEK Moms on Facebook HERE.