Did someone say sunshine is a possibility this first weekend in May? Fingers crossed here. Whether you’re looking for inside our outside play, here are a few family-friendly events and ideas to get you out of the house.
If you know of an event that you think should be listed here, email nekmoms [*at*] gmail [*dot*] com or post the event on the NEK Moms Facebook page.
Friday, May 4th:
- Newport City Dock & Prouty Beach open. Info call: 334-6345.
Saturday, May 5th:
- Green Up Vermont! Various meet-up points, bag pick-ups and bag drop-offs around the State and NEK. Learn more here and here.
- Soap Box Derby Display (Derby), Kinney Drugs, 10am-5pm. Learn more about Soap Box cars or learn how your 9-17 year old child can get involved in the upcoming June race.
- All Species Day (Montpelier), 10am-4pm, Hubbard Park. Dance to the Statehouse Lawn! This is a fun dress-up event for all ages.
- Orchestra Spring Concert (Newport), Goodrich Memorial Library, 2pm.
- Scrabble Club (St. Johnsbury), St. Johnsbury Athenaeum, Takes place the 1st Saturday of the month, 12:00-4:00 pm.
- Games Day (St. Johnsbury), St. Johnsbury Athenaeum, 11am-3pm.
- Cinco de Mayo!!! Who really needs an excuse to eat Mexican and celebrate? Need family fun ideas? Click here. Or dine at the Tamarack Grill (Burke Mountain) or check out Jay Peak.
Sunday, May 6th:
- B-I-N-G-O! (Irasburg), Irasburg Town Hall, 1pm start, doors open at 12pm. Event to benefit class trip.
- Community Orchestra Concert (Lyndon), Lyndon State College, 7pm. Free
* * * * * *
Like NEK Moms on Facebook! NEK Moms is the hyperlocal, reader-generated online destination for Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom Moms and Dads. NEK Moms is a Northeast Kingdom home grown and locally based resource for Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom.
If you have an event, camp or class to add to the listings, email us at nekmoms [*at*] gmail [*dot*] com. It’s free! Help spread the word about your kid & family-friendly event to Northeast Kingdom Parents!